Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Get city permit

1. Back To Top    #1

Get city permit

Do you they usually make you jump through hoops? I called they said I need a plot plan on the land, and the pool has to be grounded by an electriction. I'm worried they may not approve the permit. I'm only trying to do a 12ft AG I have 2 outlets outside for the filter and about 1-2 ft free room aound most of the pool.
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

2. Back To Top    #2

Lafayette, Louisiana
    I live in Louisiana (much different from MA), but the only thing they were even remotely interested in was proper electrical grounding and a 6' fence with locking gates.

The plot plan they requested from me was very rudimentary with basic layout and distance from property lines. I had to pull a basic pool construction permit, and a second electrical permit, but no real problems with either. The electrical inspection took all of about 3 minutes.

Hopefully somebody else from your area will chime in soon.
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...