help purchasing an ABG pool

Oct 20, 2011
Hi all,

I have a difficult time deciding between a Creation pool by Aqualeader
• Robust injection-molded Synflex® resin structure
• Steel walls finished with Duratex 2000® anti-corrosion paint
• 6" Curved Synflex® resin top seats
6" wide uprights made of 100% synthetic Synflex resin and reinforced with embossed patterns
1 1/4" Synflex resin top tracks
1 1/2" Synflex resin bottom tracks with exterior shield
Synflex resin bottom plate and base cover
outside connectors in two parts. The soft part made of Monprene thermoplastic and the rigid part is made of 100% Synflex resin

Price: $2,200 for 15' X 30' X 54"

and QUEST by Sharkline

Steel walls finished with Duratex 2000 anticorrosion paint
9" wide resin top ledges
8" wide uprights
Curved gas-assist injection molded resin top seats • Resin top-seat caps and boots • Steel rails - the seller said he will replace them with aluminum so I can use a salt water chlorinator
Price: $2,800

How important is the width of the uprights and of the ledge?

Thank you,

CD

On either of these two oval pools, are the uprights braced down the straight sides? Other than that, you shouldn't be setting anything on those top rails other than a cold drink anyhow! Mostly for looks.

Don't pay too much attention to the fancy coatings on the steel walls, I've seen brochures showing like seven layers of protection with fancy names. The layers don't matter as they are less than paper thin. Scratch it with a nail and you are down to the steel, which will then start to rust. If you really want a better pool wall you need to go with aluminum. Not completely resistant to oxidation itself but a lot better than any steel with fancy coating.

Thank you.

Kevin, what do you mean by "are the uprights braced down the straight sides?" I cannot afford an aluminum pool, and some salespeople told me that resin could be problematic in New Jersey because of the winter. i am thinking that maybe 6" ledge would be better as my son won't be able to walk on it :)...

How important is the size of the uprights?

CD

What I mean is that some oval pools (like mine) have metal braces that come off the side posts and look like half an A. Both attach to a horizontal member on the ground for support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.