Need some automatic pool cleaner advice

Oct 30, 2011
Hello all, new to the site. I have some questions about automatic pool cleaners.

I have a 20 ft x 40 ft in ground plaster/concrete pool in Seattle, with lots of pine trees around it. I've been using a suction side Hayward Navigator for the last 6 years with no significant issues. It's a little slow to clean the whole pool, but debris size (mostly pine needles, no cones) wasn't a problem, it would do the whole pool, I could leave it in the pool between uses and it was virtually maintenance free. Unfortunately, the Navigator has finally gone to pool equipment heaven, so I'm investigating alternatives.

My priorities, in order, are:
1) Low price - I'm assuming this will exclude electric ones, but I'm open to suggestions
2) Low maintenance (including leaving in the pool between uses)
3) Good warranty

My "nice to haves" are:
a) on board debris bag with a fine mesh
b) algae brush

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. There are a dizzying array of choice and I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out how to choose a replacement.

Your old system was a suction side cleaner. The 4 wheel Pool Cleaner, as seen here on Amazons site:
http://www.amazon.com/Poolvergnuegen-PV ... d_sim_hg_1

has gotten great reviews. There is a 2 wheel version but I think your pool is too big for it.

As for brushing algae, you might consider a Kreepy Krawly but I find mine to be too slow for my tastes. Besides, keeping the pool's balance and chlorine proper = no algae :party:

Scott

We have a Nitro Wall Climber and really love it. Initially, we were unsure about getting an electric cleaner since all we had ever seen were the ones with the hoses, but the cord is way easier to deal with than a hose and our Nitro works as advertised. If you're willing to do a little web searching, you can save on a factory refurbished model. See link to previous thread & post about this.

smart-pool-wall-scrubber-and-wall-climber-t31722.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.