what to do about high CH?

Jun 3, 2007
I was caught off guard by my CH levels. I didn't know I lived in an area with hard water and now my pool, just filled, has a CH around 1000. I need to check again, but I'm pretty sure it's the same coming out of the tap. Aside from draining and bringing in 1,000,000 bottles of arrowhead mountain spring water are there measures that I should be taking to keep this in check? I read somewhere that I should keep PH around 7.4 to help with scaling.

Thanks.

In the short run you need to keep your PH around 7.2 to 7.4 and get your TA down. Longer term, you should check to see of reverse osmosis treatments are available in your area. Also, the CH level of you fill water will probably vary over the course of the year. One approach is to gather as much rain water as you can and replace a lot of water when fill water CH levels are lower than average.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.