Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing Numbers - Should I Adjust?

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing Numbers - Should I Adjust?

I don't have a proper test kit (new owner) yet so I took my water into the local store and this is what the sheet says I got back:

FC - 6.6
    TC - 9.9
    CC - 3.3
    pH - 7.9
    Hardness - 270
    Alkalinity (with stabilizer correction) - 117
    CYA - 10

* Water is clear (need to vacuum though)

I live in southern Ontario. Canada and I haven't used the pool in a month and it has just been sitting with the solar cover on. I should have turned the SWG down for the colder temp so I am guessing that is why the Chlorine levels are high.

Should I be doing any adjustments before I close the pool? or are these #'s ok and not to worry.

I have a IG Fiberglass Pool /w SWG; Gallons: 16,100; Filter: Cartridge
    Leisure Pools - Rivera (16,000 gal.)

Pentair System: IntelliChlor IC20, Clean & Clear Plus Filter, MasterTemp 250 Gas Heater, SuperFlow Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Closing Numbers - Should I Adjust?

The chlorine numbers look suspect to me, but since you are going to close it won't matter. The chlorine will be long gone. The CYA should be around 70 when you use a SWG, but since you are closing ... You can get those things straightened out in the spring when you open the pool. pH is a touch high so you may want to drop it to 7.2-7.5
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!