Hi everybody!

Oct 27, 2011
Hello everyone! :wave:

I'm new and in need of some help with gunk and leaves in my pool :( . My pool was a nasty moss colored green a few days ago so I used the Stop Green along with two jugs of chlorine the first day. I brushed the pool walls and bottom as well. I brushed it again two days later, added two more jugs of chlorine and collected leaves from the surface of the pool. The pool cleared up but it's now cloudy and I can't see the bottom at all. It also seems I have a million small leaves in there and some are discolored (they turned bone white) and have floated to the surface of my pool :cry: along with the regular brown ones. I've used a pool net to try and get them out but I feel like I'm failing. I've been at this for two days now. I clean out the filter with regular water twice per day and now there's foam coming out into the pool.

I've also tried raking the bottom. Not only am I getting the brown leaves but I'm also getting the discolored ones and gunk in the net. How long should I go about doing this? I don't want to drain the pool as I live in Florida (it seems to be raining every day now). Is there something else I can do? Please help me. I'm feeling frustrated and tired (I'm only 5ft 3 and 112lbs...this pool is killing me!)

Thanks in advance for your help :-D

Hi, welcome to TFP! We can help you get this mess cleaned up but we need to ask some questions first. Is this an in ground or above ground pool? How many gallons does the pool hold? What kind of filter do you have? What horsepower is your pump? Do you have a manual vacuum for the pool? How do you test your water? Can you post the active ingredients from the container of stop green? Can you post a current set of test results?

Please read through Pool School (link is in the upper right corner of every page) and pay particular attention to the sections on defeating algae and how to shock your pool. Once we know the test results we can tell you how to proceed. Until then continue to run the filter, 24/7 if possible and either scoop or vacuum out the remaining debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.