Pool Filter Help

bigdog12

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
SC
Please Help!!

My 30yr old Hayward 240 sand filter cracked and I plan to get a new filter. Please advise on a new filter (DE vs. cartridge vs sand). What size, filter area, etc.? Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. I have a 43,500 vinyl pool with a hayward 1hp superpump/Jandy 1400SWG. Thanks to all! :hammer:

bigdog,

Very large filters have a lot of advantages. My pool is similar in size to yours (42K). I have a Triton TR140 that seems pretty well matched to my pool size.

The only issue might be that a 1hp pump would not give you quite enough flow that you would need for a thorough backwash. My guess is it would do fine but a TR100 might be just a little better and save you some money.

A large pool usually means dealing with a lot of debris so I would lean towards sand filters although there a probably thousands of pools your size that do just fine on DE or carts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.