Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just finished building a new swim spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Just finished building a new swim spa

Spa will be used only by my family of 4 people daily with 78F water for swimming and exercising on a underwater bike.
    It is 7'Wx11'Lx4.5'D fiberglass over wood swim-in-place (with a harness) indoor, 1.5-0.5 KW Pump, 1.5" plumbing, 220v heater, Ozone generator, 2x50 sqft cartridge filters, Spa Frog In Filter. There is a mechanically raised 5” thick insulated walk on cover for the whole surface and is closed most of the day when noone is swimming.
    Spa is used only by my family of 4 people daily with 78F water for swimming and exercising on a underwater bike.
    It is 7'Wx11'Lx4.5'D 1.6 Gallon fiberglass over wood swim-in-place (with a harness) indoor, 1.5-0.5 KW Pump, 1.5" plumbing, 220v heater, Ozone generator, 2x50 sqft cartridge filters, Spa Frog In Filter. There is a mechanically raised 5” thick insulated walk on cover for the whole surface and is closed most of the day when noone is swimming.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just finished building a new swim spa

That sounds awesome. Got any pictures of the setup? Did you do the fiberglass yourself?

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, Yes I did. I will post pictures soon.
    Spa is used only by my family of 4 people daily with 78F water for swimming and exercising on a underwater bike.
    It is 7'Wx11'Lx4.5'D 1.6 Gallon fiberglass over wood swim-in-place (with a harness) indoor, 1.5-0.5 KW Pump, 1.5" plumbing, 220v heater, Ozone generator, 2x50 sqft cartridge filters, Spa Frog In Filter. There is a mechanically raised 5” thick insulated walk on cover for the whole surface and is closed most of the day when noone is swimming.

4. Back To Top    #4

Very cool. There are a few companies around here that do on site fiberglass application over concrete/plaster but I haven't seen any in person yet. Interested to see/hear how it went. Thanks!