Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Valve actuators

1. Back To Top    #1

Valve actuators

Soooo, I have 5 valve actuators, all the compool 180 deg models.

Turns out I need 90 deg models (yay!)

I am wondering do I need to return/ swap them out or can the be adjusted to 90 deg? Very little documentation in the box.

Thanks!

In the event I need to get the 90 deg models, anyone have any experience with the intermatic actuators that are adjustable ( and half the price!)
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Valve actuators

You should be able to move the stops so that the valve only goes where you want it to go.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason, so limiting the range of movement by half of spec won't damage motor? Just want to make sure.

Thanks so much for your input.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

4. Back To Top    #4

It is fine being limited to 90 degrees. On the CVA24 the "stops" are two cams inside the actuator that are adjusted so that it stops where you want it to stop. You need to remove the handle, remove the cover of the actuator, loosen the lock nut (by hand), and adjust the cams so it stops where you want it to stop.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

ah, ok, I was just about to post that I was confused b/c you have to remove the handle which has the stops in it. But if adjusting inside the unit works as well GREAT. Coz I bought 5 of the wrong **** actuators.