Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA re-agents

1. Back To Top    #1

SW Georgia

TA re-agents

Can the TA re-agents lose there effectiveness over time? I just opened a new bottle of R0009 (The solution for the last step) and my TA spiked up 20 ppm. I performed the test just as I normally do.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: TA re-agents

While it is possible for them to go bad, they last quite a long while and several other things normally go bad first.

A difference of 20 isn't all that large. The test is +-10 to begin with. It doesn't take all that much, say a slight difference in dropper tips or slightly different sample sizes, to get it to +-20.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: TA re-agents

You probably already know this, but the R-0009 sometimes has a bit of static charge so you need to wipe the dropper tip after every few drops. That could easily account for the 20 ppm difference.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden