Pump tripping breaker

Oct 24, 2011
My blower plug keeps tripping my breaker. My spa has worked great for 7 years, and I have cleaned my pump twice (Full dismantle). This last time the plastic ring on my filter came loose and got sucked into the blower. I disassembled it and found the piece lodged in the blower. I put it back together, refilled the spa and turned the breaker back on. It was running for about an hour then the breaker tripped. I ran some test by turing the breaker on then started plugging in each connector 1 by 1. It specifically tripped the breaker everytime on the blower connecter. Can someone help me and let me know whats my next step it to fix this issue?

DC

Sounds like a bad blower motor. I'd start by disconnecting the wiring at the motor and insulating it and then plugging the connector back in to rule out a short in the wiring. If it doesn't trip with the motor disconnected then it depends on the type of motor as to what the troubleshooting steps are next but, you could always take it off and take it to a local motor shop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.