New Pool Install - Grecian L - Suffolk, VA

I've been watching your thread too, pool and decking look great. We signed for an almost identical pool but roman deep end(rounded vs your grecian which we thought about too). Our dig is supposed to be in early May.

Thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming and I'm sure you're all getting excited to jump in that beauty!!

Thanks pistol18...wishing you the best of luck with you build. Ours has been filled with many emotions...started out as very exciting but its ending in handful of frustrations. My biggest advice is to just keep your expectations at a minimum (not with the product but the work/schedule)...its a long construction process and there are bound to be some hiccups. Hopefully, your PB is as good as mine has been with dealing with the hiccups. My biggest beef has been with the lack of communication but I have heard that this is a typical problem. Also being told that something is going to happen by a certain date and it doesn't is very frustrating...but at the end of the process, our product is really impressive and I hope yours is as well. By the way...kids dont care that its not done or that the water is dirty and chilly...check out these pics...makes it all worth it in the end!

Attachments

• Swimming.jpg
    Swimming.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Swimming2.jpg
    Swimming2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 174
I missed this thread last year, it was great looking through it and seeing how it ended up, looking great!

I'm in Suffolk also and have struggled with ground water at the pool in my old house given the water table in the majority of the city. The worst is hurricane with no power for the pump which results in a floated liner, it's happened 3 times in 5 years and has caused issues with the sides of the pool.

Hello, Just wondering how your pool build went. Would you recommend your pool builder? I'm looking on doing an in-ground soon and wondering about builders in the area and who to get quotes from.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.