Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Top 10 Unoconventional Pool Toys...

1. Back To Top    #1

The Top 10 Unoconventional Pool Toys...

I'm working on the newsletter, and you know what that means...time for a new top 10 list for next month's issue!

So let's here 'em - the Top 10 Unonventional Pool Toys. I need words, not pictures for the newsletter list.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2
    my favorite one is my remote control pool skimmer.

another one is my personal submarine. it pulls you through the water at a blistering 2 mph.

3. Back To Top    #3
    We had a paddle boat that was shaped like a banana, but the patch kits could no longer keep humpty together.
    This season I'm looking forward to taking my 12" yacht out on the open waters.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

4. Back To Top    #4
    my family uses the typical floating rings, but with a twist. we like to dive through the innertubes.

we also have a giant red workout ball that serves as a jump on, volleyball, and soccer ball, all while in the pool.
    30,000gal In-ground Gunite Pool DE filter
    Polaris 380 APC

BBB method all the way - Newb, like to absorb info and chatter, but take the experts' advise

5. Back To Top    #5
    I was hoping for more "Letterman style" responses.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

These products are currently under development, so patent laws apply:

10. The Fire Ring. Attaches to the end of your pool slide. Light it and watch the kiddies shriek in terror as they pass through this flaming ring of flames. You've seen it at the circus. Now you can experience the same fun at home. LP and natural gas units available. It's sizzlin' fun.

9. Dive-N-Doo. So realistic, you'll swear your two year old just made it. Made of high impact plastic with a realistic feel, your kids will have hours of fun retrieving it from the bottom of the pool or racing to be the first to grab it. Dive-N-Doo puts the fun back in to fecal matter. Three per package.

8. The Oops Suit. Made of rice paper it looks just like an ordinary swimsuit. Watch the fun begin as your unsuspecting pool guests' swimsuits dissolve before your very eyes. And, they may never return again! Loads of laughs.

More to come!
    20K inground gunite w/ Aqua Logic automation and chlorination Sta-Rite 400 K natural gas heater and cartridge filter 2 HP pump 1.5 HP spa bubbler for spillover spa 1 HP dedicated Letro Legend cleaner
    H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. ~Author Unknown

7. Back To Top    #7

7. Why have a normal, dull, dog or cat for a pet. Order today and in 3 weeks you can have your own piranha delivered to your door. Think of the fun you and your kids will have swimming with these noble creatures from the Amazon River. Hear the shrikes of joy from your kids and their friends as they frolic in the pool with these playful fish. Simple to feed; just throw your table scraps in your pool and your piranha will be happy. Just three of these fish can liven-up a pool party; making you the envy of the neighborhood.
    Each piranha is 9 to 12 inches long; comes in groups of three. Live delivery guaranteed. ORDER TODAY!!!
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

8. Back To Top    #8

6. Urine beacon. One ounce per 10,000 gallons provides you with an visual indicator of anyone who would dare urinate in the pool. The patented chemical formula combines with uric acid to produce a bright yellow trail which leads back to the culprit.
    18,000 gallon 17 x 35 in-ground diamond brite, Fafco solar, SWG, Barracuda G3, well pump - Biscayne Aquifer CH=250

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    I was hoping for more "Letterman style" responses.
    Well you asked for it
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Christie Brinkley
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Christie Brinkley
    I must admit I laughed when I saw that one, however Phoebe Cates is more appropriate (love that scene from Fast Times @ Ridgmont High )

Hotrod already used the piranah idea i had so I guess I'll have to grab a six pack and cogitate for a while.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

12. Back To Top    #12
    I don't want to enter this one because it might get my post deleted or worse! This IS a family oriented forum after all! Let's just say it involves snorkel masks , creamed corn, and baby squid! 8)

13. Back To Top    #13

We've dubbed it the adult diper (just so no one uses it for that purpose, we'll be ok )

It's a pool saddle, it's great for throwing the football, lacross (just make sure you have a few extra balls near the pool so you don't have to keep getting out ) and just for hanging out...it's more of a secure seat like some use noodles.

if the picture didn't work, here's the link: http://www.1stoppoolstore.com/store/images/sad126.jpg
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    I don't want to enter this one because it might get my post deleted or worse!
    Well, mine involves a toypedo, so I'll leave it alone...
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

15. Back To Top    #15

I want one of these!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't know why.

The video of it is part way down the link.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

16. Back To Top    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod30
    I want one of these!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't know why.

The video of it is part way down the link.
    i had one of those, IT WAS GREAT (for the first time) then it got SUPER annoying and REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, old to charge the battery, we finally threw it away when my sons tried to put a 6hp Mercury outboard on the back and ripped the liner with the prop and water logged my spair moter for the boat, they got it to work for a while, but i worried they would spill gas in the pool, it was cool as it got to like 18 mph with the outboard. compared to like 3 with the electric.

so i dub that my favorite pool toy.

17. Back To Top    #17

we finally threw it away when my sons tried to put a 6hp Mercury outboard on the back
    I've seen a picture of your pool, I can see why you'd need a 6hp motor to get around in it.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

18. Back To Top    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by uwimage
    We've dubbed it the adult diper (just so no one uses it for that purpose, we'll be ok )

It's a pool saddle, it's great for throwing the football, lacross (just make sure you have a few extra balls near the pool so you don't have to keep getting out ) and just for hanging out...it's more of a secure seat like some use noodles.

if the picture didn't work, here's the link: http://www.1stoppoolstore.com/store/images/sad126.jpg

I want one of these!

Looks like it would also be great to float around and clean some tile!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

19. Back To Top    #19
    Top 10, huh???

The Polaris 280... The best underwater SURF SLED on the market. I am still trying to master hanging on when it climbs the wall. KAWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

20. Back To Top    #20
    i like my vac port. i can play fetch with my dog with it, i throw the ball in there and he runs to the filter and gets it. kinda fun. until i realised the dog can not get the lid of the pump off.

i also like it for when i need to chop stuff, just send the food in there, find it all chopped up at the other end, o yea and their washed too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast