Intex Sand Filter pump system

Sep 6, 2011
I have the Intex sand filter pump system. I have only had it for about 2 months now and it is making a loud grinding sound. I have looked to see if anything was block the fins or something but nothing was there. It pumps very well I haven't noticed any lose in that area. If any know what might be wrong please help me. I am getting ready for winter here in Texas and want make sure everything is good.

Brad

Im am going to have to find a new pump. I keep having issues with this o e and am unable to get a hold of index corp so will just cut my losses. Does anyone have any idea what is a good pump and filter combo so i won't go thought this at the end on this coming summer. I have seen an wayward for about $400 bonline bit not sure on bit am not sure on how to hook it up to the index pool.

Look for a 1/2 or 3/4 hp above ground pump, or a 2 speed 1 hp. Pentair or Hayward are good brands. You may need to find adapters to connect the pool to the pump and the pump to the filter. Some folks have modified the pool to accept standard size (1 1/2") pipes. I think intex uses 1 1/4" plumbing. You can look at useful links for fellow Intex pool owners and check out how others have fixed this issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.