First Close line blow out issue

Jun 8, 2011
Hi, this site got me through the swimming season famously. Between a couple of my own posts and the archive I had no problems. Thanks to all.
Now it's time to close.
I drained the pump & filter & using a shop vac blew from the one skimmer line to the pump no problem capped the skimmer and turned my attention to the two return lines. That's where I hit a wall.

The home made plumbing job allows no place to get the blower onto any connection to the return lines. The best I've been able to do is, with the filter set to recirculate, is blow from the skimmer line through both pump and filter out the return lines. With "one way valves" on the jets, I was able to generate pretty good bubbles out of one line and capped that. The other line had very anemic bubbling at first then none, even with the other lined capped.

I'm a little concerned, living in New England that, I need to do more. I was thinking of cutting the return flex pvc pipe as it leaves the filter and attaching the blower there or cutting that same pipe as it enters the T leading to the 2 return lines.

Is there better way.

Thanks for any advice

Peter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.