Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: The Zodiac "Barracuda" MX8 rebate issue

The Zodiac "Barracuda" MX8 rebate issue

I purchased this cleaner back in May, and the cleaner has done a good job keeping our pool clean since that time. However, part of what swayed me to purchase this cleaner was a promised $100 rebate. I filled out the appropriate info on the rebate card, and mailed this along with the warranty card and all other items that were listed on the rebate instructions. However, I never received my rebate. I went to the Zodiac website to check the status of my rebate, and it was listed that I did not include the warranty card, which is not true as I spent over 30 minutes preparing the documents for mailing. I am wondering if anyone else has failed to receive their rebate for purchase of this unit. Given this, my recommendation for this unit is muted somewhat by what I believe is a wrongdoing on the part of Zodiac, or their rebate vendor.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

Re: The Zodiac "Barracuda" MX8 rebate issue

I know that you think that it probably won't help, but it sure wouldn't hurt to try calling Zodiac and speaking to an actual person. Did you retain copies of the warranty card, UPC, and receipt for the purchase? If I am sending off for a sizable rebate such as the one that you describe, I always keep copies of those things for purposes such as this.
    TFP Moderator
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

Banned In the Industry

Zodiac is a stand up company. PM me if I can help (I know the local rep here well, and I can ask if he handles your area or knows who can help).

Craig, I agree their rebate program is a Royal PITA!
    It is obviously handled by a 3rd party company that makes it much harder than it needs to be for a legitimate buyer to get their rebate.
    I think they're betting most people either will give up or forget about it.
    Hopefully someone from Zodiac will straighten it out for you.
    I'll bet they've heard many complaints on this deal.

Best of luck,
    John
    "Experience is what you get, just after you needed it."

Owner DIY build, steel/liner kit, 18x36 Deer Creek, sport depth, approx 17,500 gal,
    Aqua Plus SWG, 1 1/2 hp, 2 speed, 300# sand filter and twin Color logic 4.0s, MX-8 Cleaner.
    My DIY Pool Build

Calling in would increase your chances of finding out what happened. This is the number for the rebate call center: 877-698-7202

Senior Member In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstew
    Zodiac is a stand up company.
    THIS x78907890798235678936478625985

try the live chat on there website, it's the quickest way to get a hold of someone unless you like to sit on hold for a long time

http://www.polarispool.com/technicalsup ... eSupport=1
    -Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstew
    Zodiac is a stand up company.
    THIS x78907890798235678936478625985

try the live chat on there website, it's the quickest way to get a hold of someone unless you like to sit on hold for a long time

http://www.polarispool.com/technicalsup ... eSupport=1
    Very true. You might end up getting me in chat. Say TFP if you do haha.

So, you all were correct. I called in and spoke to a live person. He simply had me cite my serial number, and then approved the rebate which I should get in the usual 4-6 weeks.

This greatly restores my faith in Zodiac. BTW, my MX8 is still chugging along and keeping my pool clean. I also just replaced my 2.0 HP Whisperflo with a 3.0 HP Pentair IntelliFlo (the new version). I think there were some plumbing issues with the old pump, because the new one seems to prime much better and pulls way more water through the MX8. It's now just wizzing around the pool doing a great job of picking up dirt and sunken leaves. Great product! Thanks Zodiac!
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

Oh, and thanks to you all for the suggestions!