Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool kreet

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool kreet

I have been creeping on the site for a few weeks now. I am in the middle of my build and I am getting ready to install my pool kreet. My question is that it has been raining and it looks like I will have a window of a few days. The ground behind the pool greet is not wet nor totally dry. Is it ok to continue with the pool kreet? I would assume once it is dry it would be fine? Any and all comments welcome.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool kreet

Welcome to TFP!

As long as the surface doesn't have standing water and is firm enough to walk on without sinking into the mud you can go ahead an apply pool kreet.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Pool kreet

Wet (but not bog mud or standing water) is actually good! It means the water in the mix will stay there and prolong the curing process and make a stronger pour in the long run. I poured about 2k sf for a house addition and one of the things the concrete guy had me do was run a sprinkler on the sand for several hours per-pour to wet it down well.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here