Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High FC

1. Back To Top    #1

High FC

We haven't used the pool since September but I have kept up on cleaning and making sure levels were good. I didn't do a test for about 2 weeks because I was out of town but last week I did and things were good except the FC which was about 25. I want to close it up this weekend and secure the cover, my question is how high of a FC level is too high, I'm planning on draining half the water and letting the rest freeze.
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: High FC

Safe FC levels for closing depend on your current CYA level. With FC at 25, you should be alright as long as CYA is 40 or higher. I suggest turning off the SWG and letting FC come down a little before closing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The cya is above 50 and I haven't run the swg much and have left the cover off to let the sunlight eat at the FC but it is taking awhile.
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

Cooler weather means that you will have colder water and thus, a slower decline in your FC than you normally would. Just try to be patient and give it a few days. It will come down.