New Pool - Shock before SWG hooked up okay?

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
So my vinyl IGP pool build is soooo behind due to weather. Has been sitting for a week with water, but no filtering. SWG will not be hooked up for a few more days and water is getting a bit nasty looking. Should it be shocked with something prior to SWG hookup? and if so, what should be used. I assume that even though city water that chlorine is gone.

Thoughts?

(SWG is a Hayward w/ T-Cell-15)

Shocking before the SWG is running is totally fine. Just make sure the PH is generally in range and you have the pump working before you start shocking.

I suggest getting a full set of water test results while you are waiting for the pump to work.

If you have a K-2006, use it! If it is brand new, you need the practice :) and if you have had it a even a short while your results will be better than the pool store results.

Just at the moment, right after a fill, there is no point in testing FC, CC, or CYA. They are all going to be at or near zero.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.