remove Leslie Hydramax II impeller

Oct 20, 2011
This is the first time I try to repair my pool motor so any advise is appreciated. I tried to remove the impeller of Leslie Hydramax II but was not able to do it. I was able to separate the pump housing and had the impeller exposed. I assume that I just need to remove the cap on the from the center of the motor on the end opposite the shaft so I can access the end of the shaft. But somehow I can't get the cap off. And I am not even sure if my assumption is correct now. Anyone can confim what I tried to do is correct? I just want to know where I can access the shaft to prevent the shaft from turning so I can remove the impeller. Thanks.

The back motor cover is usually held on by two or three small screws. It may be stuck on so you may have to bump it to get it off. Once off, you should be able to hold the shaft while you unscrew the impeller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.