Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Waterfall options for vinyl liner pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Waterfall options for vinyl liner pool

We would love to add a waterfall to the long end of our 20 x 40 pool. We have some large boulders we are playing on making a planter out of and I though we could bring a few of the flat rocks close to the edge of the coping without resting on it. Then install some sort of water fall that goes straight into the pool not running down the rocks. Does this make sense? Is there an affordable way to do this? Is there some sort of spillway I have built a water fall for my pond that runs down rocks. I would like to avoid that because of the amount of water loss it can cause, and I imagine the salt pool would mess up the rocks pretty quickly.

Any input or experience is appreciated .
    Under construction DIY 20x40 vinyl liner steel wall pool, Pentair 2hp wisperflo, Pentair tr100 sand filter, Pentair Minimax 400k heater, diving board, 8 foot sit n step, xtream waterslide, 1700 concrete deck, one amazing wife, 4 children and two German shepherds.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Waterfall options for vinyl liner pool

Well, you have a big enough pump so that won't be a problem.

It is difficult to envision what you are trying to describe.

Please note that when adding significant weight to the side of a pool, a steel reinforced concrete footer to support it and keep it from compressing the the backfill in to wall, bowing it, would need to be poured.
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

There are many products that will allow you to create different waterfalls. A sheer descent works well because the water falls with minimal splashing.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/pro ... ts-221.htm

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/magicfallsDS.pdf

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry about the poor description. I found this image that is pretty close to what we are looking for.
    Under construction DIY 20x40 vinyl liner steel wall pool, Pentair 2hp wisperflo, Pentair tr100 sand filter, Pentair Minimax 400k heater, diving board, 8 foot sit n step, xtream waterslide, 1700 concrete deck, one amazing wife, 4 children and two German shepherds.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry