Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pool in Frisco

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool in Frisco

I love this forum. I found it after signing the contract but love the information and ideas.

I'm jealous of the big yards on here. I wish! Small yard, small pool... but we are excited.

Signed the contract about 30 days ago.

9/14 Dig started
    9/17 Chemical injection
    9/18 Plumbing, Flowable Fill
    9/19 Steel, Gas, Final Plumbing

I don't know all the acronyms yet but: IG, SWG, 18" Raised Spa, 3.5 - 5.5, Jandy LED, Pentair VS 3.0, Washed Aggregate Decking, Jandy DE 60 filter, Jandy Legacy LRZ 400 heater.

The yard slopes terribly and instead of building up the yard, I decided to sink the pool with a wall near the house. A few people in the neighborhood have done it and it looks nice.
    Size 13,000 gal | Filtration Jandy DE 60 | Sanitation PLC1400 SWG, Rainbow 320 | Placement in-ground (IG) | Coping Tennessee Crab Orchard
    Finish pebble smooth Tahoe Blue | Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3.0HP main | Lighting Jandy LED Spa/Pool
    Location Frisco TX US

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool in Frisco

Size 13,000 gal | Filtration Jandy DE 60 | Sanitation PLC1400 SWG, Rainbow 320 | Placement in-ground (IG) | Coping Tennessee Crab Orchard
    Finish pebble smooth Tahoe Blue | Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3.0HP main | Lighting Jandy LED Spa/Pool
    Location Frisco TX US

3. Back To Top    #3

We'd love to see some pics!

And welcome to the forum. I too discovered it well after signing a contract, but I love taking care of the pool 100% myself thanks to all the info here.

Frisco, eh? If that's Frisco TX, then "hello neighbor"!
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

4. Back To Top    #4

New Pool in Frisco

dig

Attached Images Attached Images
    Location Frisco TX US

5. Back To Top    #5

New Pool in Frisco

Location Frisco TX US

6. Back To Top    #6

New Pool in Frisco

Yes Frisco TX.

Where is the spa blower???
    Location Frisco TX US

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP! I would say that you are definitely not leaving any of that yard unused.

8. Back To Top    #8

Nothing wrong with a small pool. Small pools have more advantages than disadvantages IMHO. Please post more pics
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

9. Back To Top    #9

New Pool in Frisco

Gunite

Attached Images Attached Images
    Location Frisco TX US

10. Back To Top    #10

Brian - who are you using to build the pool? I'll be getting some quotes in the next month and want to find 5 builders.
    33'x21' In-ground (23,000 gal) - 8' spa raised 18" with 8 jets | Filtration Jandy DE 60 | Sanitation Aquapure 1400 SWG | Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3.0HP & Jandy 1.5HP stealth water feature pump | Heating Jandy LRZ400 | Lighting Jandy LED Spa (1)/Pool (2) | Coping Tennessee Crab Orchard & Moss Rock | Finish pebble sheen type (riversand) Tahoe Blue

11. Back To Top    #11

Going to be nice!
    12K Gal IG, Gemstone pebble, Intelliflow VF, Whisperflow, Quad 60 DE, Easy Touch 8, Intellibrites, Platinum Legend.

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Hey, Brian,

Welcome to the forum

Great looking build.....that's going to be a really pretty pool.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

I like it already!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/½ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks everyone! I over analyze everything but so far so good. Tile guy put a nail into the spa pipe so they had to chip off gunite to fix. Some stone started along with coping.

Riverbend Sandler.
    Location Frisco TX US

15. Back To Top    #15

New Pool in Frisco

The boulder is not high enough. Need to tell them. The wall is actually the back of spa but with water it will always overflow.
    Location Frisco TX US

16. Back To Top    #16

New Pool in Frisco

Location Frisco TX US

17. Back To Top    #17

Brian, what is your waterline tile?
    24' round 15,000 gallon

18. Back To Top    #18

New Pool in Frisco

It's a ceramic 1x1 that looks like glass. If in Dallas it's by dal tile. They are in 6x9 sections I think.
    Location Frisco TX US

19. Back To Top    #19

Brian - I noticed you did a chemical injection, what is that and why did you do it?
    33'x21' In-ground (23,000 gal) - 8' spa raised 18" with 8 jets | Filtration Jandy DE 60 | Sanitation Aquapure 1400 SWG | Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3.0HP & Jandy 1.5HP stealth water feature pump | Heating Jandy LRZ400 | Lighting Jandy LED Spa (1)/Pool (2) | Coping Tennessee Crab Orchard & Moss Rock | Finish pebble sheen type (riversand) Tahoe Blue

20. Back To Top    #20

New Pool in Frisco

Supposed to stabilize the soil. All clay plus a sloped yard. I read about it but who knows the actual worth.
    Location Frisco TX US

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast