Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelitouch upgrade from easytouch?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelitouch upgrade from easytouch?

I'm starting our pool and need to upgrade my control system. I already payed for the easy touch system. But would like to go with the intellitouch system. Builder say an additional 1500 or so. Sound high. What do you guys think? Thanks Steve
    24X38'ish 23,500 gallon Geometric with 10x10 spa(12jets), Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair intelliflow(pool-spa), pentair whispersflow 2HP(booster spa jets), Two Polaris 1.5 Hp blowers, Pentair Wisperflow XF 3HP(2 6 foot water falls), Pentair clean&clear plus 520, Pentair Master temp 400. Intelli PH acid dispenser, Intellitouch with iPhone and iPad control. Two 45000 BTU fire bowls and one 60000 BTU fire pit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelitouch upgrade from easytouch?

Did the builder give you an itemized list of components and labor for the EasyTouch and the IntelliTouch?

3. Back To Top    #3

Only on the phone. I need to research the differences. For those who have the intellitouch with the iPhone option are you happy with it?
    24X38'ish 23,500 gallon Geometric with 10x10 spa(12jets), Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair intelliflow(pool-spa), pentair whispersflow 2HP(booster spa jets), Two Polaris 1.5 Hp blowers, Pentair Wisperflow XF 3HP(2 6 foot water falls), Pentair clean&clear plus 520, Pentair Master temp 400. Intelli PH acid dispenser, Intellitouch with iPhone and iPad control. Two 45000 BTU fire bowls and one 60000 BTU fire pit.

4. Back To Top    #4

We are having our FG pool dug next week and have been in direct contact with our local Pentair rep --- they have informed us that the EasyTouch does indeed support the iPod integration app with the addition of the ScreenLogic interface kit (PN 520500). This support was apparently added several weeks ago.

We were considering upgrading to the Intellitouch platform simply because we wanted the computer/iPad interface, but with this functionality now available for the EasyTouch platform, we are going to save some $$$ and simply add the ScreenLogic kit (~$500).
    41' x 16' x 7' deep rectangular IG FG Blue Hawaiian Olympic Bay model w/ Glacier Blue 'Extreme Quartz' finish / 2 skimmers, 4 returns + 1 dedicated vacuum line / Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS-3050 pump / Sta-Rite System3 Modular Media S7M400 Filter / Pentair EasyTouch w/ ScreenLogic 2 / Pentair IC40 SWG / Pentair UltraTemp 120 Heat Pump / Coverstar Auto-cover / Savi Color Changing LED Pool lights x 4 / Pentair MacgicStream Laminar LED Deck Jets x 4 / 2 x 2 Jacuzzi Jets installed on shallow and deep end steps / SR Smith Typhoon Waterslide / Polaris 9400 Robot. See my build thread HERE

5. Back To Top    #5

Jhav

Thanks for the info. We are digging on this weekend so you know how it is the cash is starting to go fast. Would be nice to save some once Steve