Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aqualink RS8 w/LED lights & Variable speed pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Las Vegas, Nevada

Jandy Aqualink RS8 w/LED lights & Variable speed pump?

Aquapalm remote
    VS Epump

Ok so I recently built this new pool and I am trying to figure everything out on it. I have a Jandy Aqualink RS8 automation system that runs the pool and spa. I have three pumps, one of them being a variable speed pump with it's own controller and this is the pump for the filtration. The other two pumps run the spa jets and water features.

My first question is...Should my variable speed pump be running off of the Aqualink, or is it better on the separate controller? I would think it should be on the Aqualink so the system can tell it to turn on and run the filter, in floor cleaning system, heat, or whatever else. On a separate controller I do not see how I can make it work. I should be able to program the Aqualink system to turn the filter on at a certain time and then turn back off but I have no options on my remote for programming that kind of stuff. Right now when I turn the system to spa mode all it does is turn the valves and I have to manually turn the pumps on myself.

Second...My Jandy Watercolors LED lights for the pool and spa are connected to Aux 1 and Aux 2 on the Aqualink but they do not give me options to change colors. Should the system recognize that lights are connected and program automatically or do I need to program it so that it knows that lights are connected somehow? I can manually change the colors by turning the lights on and off but the PDA remote should show me the colors and let me select them by name. At this time it does not do that.
    Jay...12,500 gallon freeform pool and attached spa w/ Bullfrog Oscillator & ClusterSpray Jetpaks
    Jandy 2hp VS pump(main), Jandy 2hp Stealth pump(Jetpaks), Jandy 1hp Stealth pump(water features) Jandy CL-580 filter, Jandy Watercolors LED lighting, Jandy Aqualink RS8(revision MM) w/Aquapalm, Autelis Controller, Onetouch controller, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy LXi 400k heater, Paramount PV3 6 zone infloor cleaning system

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Jandy Aqualink RS8 w/LED lights & Variable speed pump?

Use the Jandy automation to control the E-Pump.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Austin, TX

Re: Jandy Aqualink RS8 w/LED lights & Variable speed pump?

For the epump, the aqualink can set the speed based on what auxiliaries are on. So, in my setup, I use a VS pump to power the filter/regular circulation, spa, fountains, etc. I can set the speed to change depending on the mode of the system.

For the water colors, assuming you have modern firmware (Q), the setup menu should allow you to assign a particular implementation of colored LEDs to a specific AUX output. On my touch interface it's menu->system setup->color lights.
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build