New pool...gas line installed, but who hooks it up?

Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am pretty much finished with my pool build and I am having my final inspection tomorrow morning. At that point I should be able to get the gas line connected. I am just wondering how much it costs to get the gas line connected normally, and who does it? Do I need to call the plumbers out to connect it to the meter, or do I need to call the gas company to do this? Can I do it myself? It appears to be a flexible PVC type of material(yellow) Is this something that should have been included in my plumbing bid? I didn't have it budgeted and I really don't want to here the ole' lady complain about more unbudgeted moneys being spent. So please tell me that it will be cheap enough that I don't even have to tell her about it.

My gas company wants to do it themselves as a service. I just call them up and make an appointment. They hook it up and make sure the pressure is right. Of course, when the see the number of BTU's pool heaters have they know they will be making there money back on these trips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.