Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: New pool...gas line installed, but who hooks it up?

New pool...gas line installed, but who hooks it up?

I am pretty much finished with my pool build and I am having my final inspection tomorrow morning. At that point I should be able to get the gas line connected. I am just wondering how much it costs to get the gas line connected normally, and who does it? Do I need to call the plumbers out to connect it to the meter, or do I need to call the gas company to do this? Can I do it myself? It appears to be a flexible PVC type of material(yellow) Is this something that should have been included in my plumbing bid? I didn't have it budgeted and I really don't want to here the ole' lady complain about more unbudgeted moneys being spent. So please tell me that it will be cheap enough that I don't even have to tell her about it.
    Jay...12,500 gallon freeform pool and attached spa w/ Bullfrog Oscillator & ClusterSpray Jetpaks
    Jandy 2hp VS pump(main), Jandy 2hp Stealth pump(Jetpaks), Jandy 1hp Stealth pump(water features) Jandy CL-580 filter, Jandy Watercolors LED lighting, Jandy Aqualink RS8(revision MM) w/Aquapalm, Autelis Controller, Onetouch controller, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy LXi 400k heater, Paramount PV3 6 zone infloor cleaning system

Re: New pool...gas line installed, but who hooks it up?

Most places require a licensed individual to hook up a gas line and , with good reason. Some gas companies provide this as a service. Your best bet is to contact them and ask if they do that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

My gas company wants to do it themselves as a service. I just call them up and make an appointment. They hook it up and make sure the pressure is right. Of course, when the see the number of BTU's pool heaters have they know they will be making there money back on these trips.
    Under construction DIY 20x40 vinyl liner steel wall pool, Pentair 2hp wisperflo, Pentair tr100 sand filter, Pentair Minimax 400k heater, diving board, 8 foot sit n step, xtream waterslide, 1700 concrete deck, one amazing wife, 4 children and two German shepherds.

I called Southwest Gas and they will be out here tomorrow to hook up the gas. Free of charge
    Jay...12,500 gallon freeform pool and attached spa w/ Bullfrog Oscillator & ClusterSpray Jetpaks
    Jandy 2hp VS pump(main), Jandy 2hp Stealth pump(Jetpaks), Jandy 1hp Stealth pump(water features) Jandy CL-580 filter, Jandy Watercolors LED lighting, Jandy Aqualink RS8(revision MM) w/Aquapalm, Autelis Controller, Onetouch controller, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy LXi 400k heater, Paramount PV3 6 zone infloor cleaning system

Yes they are more than happy to put in a bigger meter and hook up............bigger meter.......bigger bill.
    21,500 Gunite Free Form ~ 18'X40', Sun Deck w/ foam jets auto valve, 3-Laminar Deck Jets w/ auto Valve, 1-Swim out, 3' to 8' deep, NPT Raku Tile
    All Sched 80 Pipe, Pentair Easy Touch control, Pentair pump and Sand Filter, Raypack Heater, White Plaster, Saline Chlorine Generation, Letro Platinum cleaner w/ booster