Hello from Spicewood (Austin) Texas

Oct 16, 2011
Hello there!

I have been lurking around reading this forum for the last couple of days -- good stuff! I am pleased to see people involved and helping each other with what can sometimes be a very confusing subject. And though I have been around pools for most of my life, I have learned a ton here in the last couple of days -- and confirmed some of my own observations.

I designed a pool 2 years ago -- free form with bar stools on one side and a lap lane on the other. One of its best features is a hypar-sail that keeps a good portion of the pool in the shade (the bar stools are in the shade from 10am-6pm). This helps with my chemicals and with keeping the pool cool through the summer.

I was in the wild fires here a month ago -- most of my neighborhood was destroyed, but I managed to save my house -- and have finally gotten the pool drained and refilled (water in yesterday!)

The last 2 years have been relatively problem-free. I have been very rigorous with testing my ph/TA/CL levels and making daily adjustments. I sweep the pool most days (though the Legend Platinum cleaner does a nice job). Anyhow, that was then -- I am now starting all over with new water and a new plan.

My system has been using a auto-feed tab chlorinator -- but now that I understand the issues of CYA build-up, I am going to scrape it and install some kind of bleach pump.

Anyhow, just wanted to give a shout out -- hope I can be helpful -- and any Austin people that want to give me a shout, I am pretty good with the chemical stuff ... and I brew my own beer :)

Thanks again to all the support out there!

David

I will show construction pics -- the wildfires killed my current one and I am waiting for the replacement...

tIMG_0001.JPG

tIMG_0002.JPG

tIMG_0003.JPG

tIMG_0004.JPG

tIMG_0005.JPG

tIMG_0006.JPG

tIMG_0007.JPG

tIMG_0008.JPG