Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how to turn off or disconnect pop-up opool cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1

how to turn off or disconnect pop-up opool cleaners

I have the pop up pool cleaners and they seem to work fine however they do not leave the pool clean. I bought a hayward navigator and want to turn off these popups anyone know how?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: how to turn off or disconnect pop-up opool cleaners

Welcome to TFP!

That depends on how your pool is plumbed. If you have normal returns, in addition to the in-floor cleaner, it should be possible to use only the normal returns, and not send any water to the in-floor system. You may already have valves that can make this switch, or you may need to do some plumbing.

If you do not have normal returns, things are more complex. With many brands of popups it is possible to remove the popup portion of the fitting, allowing water to come out without anything popping up, but that is not always possible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: how to turn off or disconnect pop-up opool cleaners

Welcome to TFP!

What is your system doing poorly? I have one of these systems and am particularly interested in how they perform in different situations for different people. Do you know what brand yours is? Do the zones rotate through properly or do some areas not seem to work? What kind of debris is it leaving behind?

With a little bit of tweaking, we may be able to help you get it working better for you.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden