Portable hot tub electrical code

mx702

Aug 2, 2010
MA
I have read over the NEC code regarding hot tub installation, but it seems somewhat convoluded to me. Perhaps someone with a better understanding/experience could answer my question. I have an outdoor subpanel already installed at my pool equipment pad that is located approximately 15 away from where I plan to have the hot tub placed. I believe the code reads a manual disconnect must be installed a min of 5ft away and visible to the occupants. My question is am I code complaint with just an appropiate size 240 volt GFCI doubel pole breaker in the my existing subpanel or do I need to have a seperate disconnect regardless? Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Jason.

This is where(to me at least) the code seems open to some interpretation. The proposed spa location and the sub panel is separated by a 5 ft fence, however, the panel is still visible depending on where you are standing and there is a gate directly adjacent allowing quick/direct path between the two. I realize that ultimately this is for my local inspector to decide, but I'm just trying to get some opinions on the matter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.