PARTS FOR POOL REPAIR

Nov 12, 2007
Katy, Texas
Ok folks, I come here today to see if there is other parts ordering options. My problem is that I'm pretty handy and can fix most minor problems, especially this one. All I have to do is locate the part and twist it on! pretty simple right? WRONG!

Here is the problem, Your pool craps out, you check everything over and discover a water leak from your "Waterway Check Valve". The top of the screw-on cap has split! You shut the pool down on Friday and begin the hunt for the part. SEE LINK FOR PICTURE...

http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=4gCXTujTKKKEsAKNgt3rBA&ved=0CGkQ8wIwAg

1st: Call your local pool supply which begins with the word "warehouse" and find that they only carry the whole valve $45.00. and they will have to order it from an out-of-state location.

2nd: Call your local pool supply store which happens to be a girls name.. and find that they can order the exact part but it won't be in for 5 business days and they will have to order it from an out-of-state location. $10.00

3rd: Call a pool repair guy who can get the part in one day but will charge you $100.00 to twist it on.

I called around to a couple of local pool wholesale companies who have the part in stock but wont sell it to me because I'm not a pool builder or a pool repair person. Option #1 is a no go, I need just the cap, what am I going to do with the remainder of the part? Option #3 is a no go, Too expensive for a 2 minute repair. I opt for option #2 and order the part. Meanwhile, my pool is turned off and is turning green. After I get the part, I will have to spend more time and money to rid my pool of algae. What a pain in the rear end.
I ordered the part on Friday last week, it's Thursday and still no part.

How do you seasoned pool veterans handle you parts ordering? Is there another way that I'm not aware of?

Maybe I should get a D.B.A. and a tax I.D. number so I can get my parts the same day?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.