How much of an salt increase with 1 or 2 TriChlor pucks ?

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
Measured Salt level today 3150 and want to raise to about 3700-3900 (pools stats in sig)

Since I also need to increase Cyanuric Acid by about 10-20, would 2 TriChlor hockey pucks be sufficient to raise Salt to that level ?

How much would a 2.5 gallon(12%) liquid bleach container(from Leslie's) raise salt ? My estimate is around 500-600ppm for the liquid, not sure about the 2 hockey pucks.

Yes, I know it is easy to add CYA and Salt separately but I have a large supply of unused Leslie's TriChlor pucks so wanted to see if this would be a simple way to achieve (1) increase salt, (2) gently increase Cya, (3) deplete tab supply slowly

Re: How much of an salt increase with 1 or 2 TriChlor pucks

susa said:
The tabs are called 3-Inch Jumbo Tabs, no reference on container to oz or grams
They're either 7 or 8 oz. Either way, it will take a lot of them to affect CYA and salt!

If you don't have a postage scale or a diet scale in the kitchen, put one in a baggie and bring it to the grocery store the next time you go and ask them to weigh it when you get to the register. Or take it to the post office, there's usually some sort of self-service scale in the lobby.

Important note to all husbands...please, PLEASE don't use your wife's diet scale for measuring chemicals without asking first. They HATE that. Ask me how I know. :shock:

Susa,

You are making it a little too complicated. Raise CYA by adding CYA....you'll need what's left over in the Spring.

Raise salt by adding salt.

Now you're done!! :lol: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.