El Dorado Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
13,000g pool
1.5hp pump (old and noisy)
Hayward MicroClear DE filter (rated 73gpm) - it's in pretty good shape

Ok, long story short:
I wanted to move my pool equipment and hired a pool company. They did a laughably terrible job and I'm redoing it myself. I figured since I'm not spending money to have someone else do it, I may as well replace my pump and old leaky valve and re-plumb the pump-area PVC as it was an amalgamation of pipes, couplers, etc. from years of band-aids.

The valve seems to be a pretty straight-forward replacement without many options, so I'm thinking of going with the Hayward SP0710XR50 Pro-Series Vari-Flo Backwash Valve Coupling. I don't know if I need to stay with the same brand of valve and filter, but this is just like the one I've got so there won't be much to learn.

The pump I'm less sure of. From a light amount of research I've done, it seems that a 1.5hp pump is pretty well oversized for my pool. My equipment is now (new location) about 40-45 feet away from the pool and my suction line is 1-1/2". I have a single 1-1/2" return and two 1" return lines, but those feed 4 jets. I am not sure which line is split.

My research, which is limited, led me to the 3/4hp Hayward Super Pump Max Rated Single Speed. I tried to do a worksheet that I found on here and I looked at some different curves, and this was about as close as I could get. But I could have been doing that math wrong and I made a lot of guesses. I'm not trying to get too fancy with this, I just want something that works and whatever it is will be abundantly quieter than what we've got.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't buy these two, and am I way off in my thinking that a 3/4hp pump will do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.