Bubbler/Fountain opinions or problems

Sep 1, 2011
We are getting ready to start construction on our new pool, we were wanting to put 2 bubbler/fountains in our tanning ledge area. Has anyone had any problems with theirs? The PB mentioned repairs/problems with them. Any info or opinions woudl be appreciated.

Expect them to raise your pH.

If you live in an area that winterizes, expect additional costs to get them winterized. Someone's getting wet and if it's cool out, they won't like that much. Been there, done that....

If you have a liner pool, expect a small up charge when the time comes to put a new liner in.

Scott

Melt In The Sun said:
In your case, it's no more complicated than just another return. I wouldn't worry. I do think it would be worth making sure that you'll be able to control the flow to the bubblers with a valve at the pad.

+1. The valves for our two fountains are connected to a mechanized actuator which is connected to the Easy Touch. We have the wireless remote and I can turn on the fountains with the touch of a button. We rarely use it, but it's nice to have.

Jaime,

Although our pool is relatively new, we have had no problems with the bubblers. We enjoy the sound and the look and they run pretty much 100% of the time. The kids enjoy them also. We have seperate valves operating each bubbler and I would highly recommend the added valves.

We also had two deck jets installed and these are also valved independantly. We do not run the deck jets very often but they are a nice option to have when you choose to run them. If I was going to have only one of the options, I would go with the bubblers.

Greenhaw

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.