Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbler/Fountain opinions or problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbler/Fountain opinions or problems

We are getting ready to start construction on our new pool, we were wanting to put 2 bubbler/fountains in our tanning ledge area. Has anyone had any problems with theirs? The PB mentioned repairs/problems with them. Any info or opinions woudl be appreciated.
    15k freeform shotcrete sport pool 3.5-5-4, hayward swimclear c4030, 1.5hp hayward Northstar pump, polaris 280 with hayward booster, hayward turbo cell swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbler/Fountain opinions or problems

Expect them to raise your pH.

If you live in an area that winterizes, expect additional costs to get them winterized. Someone's getting wet and if it's cool out, they won't like that much. Been there, done that....

If you have a liner pool, expect a small up charge when the time comes to put a new liner in.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

We are in Atlanta so we will not be winterizing the pool and no vinyl liner. Do the nozzles clog/break anything like that?
    15k freeform shotcrete sport pool 3.5-5-4, hayward swimclear c4030, 1.5hp hayward Northstar pump, polaris 280 with hayward booster, hayward turbo cell swg

4. Back To Top    #4

They're usually just straight pipe unless they are lit, Are they lit? If so, via fiber optic or LED?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

No, we just want the straight pipe, no lights or anything. Just was curious if there were any maintenance issues.

6. Back To Top    #6

In your case, it's no more complicated than just another return. I wouldn't worry. I do think it would be worth making sure that you'll be able to control the flow to the bubblers with a valve at the pad.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    In your case, it's no more complicated than just another return. I wouldn't worry. I do think it would be worth making sure that you'll be able to control the flow to the bubblers with a valve at the pad.
    +1. The valves for our two fountains are connected to a mechanized actuator which is connected to the Easy Touch. We have the wireless remote and I can turn on the fountains with the touch of a button. We rarely use it, but it's nice to have.
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

It was a miscommunication, he thought we were talking about some bubbler that pops up out of the floor or something. Going with 2 bubblers in the tanning ledge.

9. Back To Top    #9

Jaime,

Although our pool is relatively new, we have had no problems with the bubblers. We enjoy the sound and the look and they run pretty much 100% of the time. The kids enjoy them also. We have seperate valves operating each bubbler and I would highly recommend the added valves.

We also had two deck jets installed and these are also valved independantly. We do not run the deck jets very often but they are a nice option to have when you choose to run them. If I was going to have only one of the options, I would go with the bubblers.

Greenhaw
    Freeform Gunite, 21K Gallons, Gray Plaster, 570 sq. ft., 106 Perimeter.
    Pentair- VS 3050, Intellichlor IC-40, 520 sq. ft Cartridge Filter, Intellibrite LED.
    Sun Touch Controller, Legend Platinum Cleaner with Pentair 1.5 hp Booster Pump.
    2- Bubblers & 2- Deck Jets. Autofill & Overflow. TF-100-Test Kit.