ArmorGuard Pool coating

Oct 11, 2011
Has anyone tried Ecosmartepoxy systems product called Armorguard.

I have epoxy coated my pool twice and it normally lasts 3-4 years. This product is touted as lasting forever which sounds too good or just a great sales job?

I was curious if anyone has tried this product?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

4 years is a good long time for epoxy paint to last, often you won't get even that long out of it. Given how much it usually costs and how short it lasts, it isn't normally worth using. Obviously nothing lasts litterally forever; and there isn't any kind of paint that lasts anything you could even consider getting away with calling forever.

I wouldnt think that any pool coating would last forever, especially if its a re-coat (unless the surface was PROPERLY prepped and paint preforms as stated). Ive used Olympic epoxy coating (Zeron is tops) and Ive seen them last up to 8-10 years. Dont forget that the paint is only going to be as good as the application, ie. if the surface wasnt prepped properly,you certainly wont get 8-10 years or "for life" out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.