Anyone else having leaking problem with Hayward ColorLogics?

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
started installing these lights about 9 months ago and already had 3 lights leaking water and rusting the circuit board. The rubber gasket seal doesn't seem to do the job that well and after 6-9months there is water inside rusting the circuit board. anyone else had this problem. it seems like a design fault. is there some sort of sealant we can use to prevent this water leakage?

this is a very frustrating problem since these cost us a ton of money by the time we land these in the Bahamas and sending them back to supplier is very time consuming and costly.

I've fixed one already by spraying it down with silicone spray and drying it out. I check the lights now every 2 weeks for water leakage. Thank goodness we only installed 8 so far.

any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Anyone else having leaking problem with Hayward ColorLog

Don't forget about the 1 year warranty. I did have a light fail that was relatively new (only a year or so) but when I looked at the light it did have rust marks on the stainless steel. So I tested there water and it was very acidic. I think that had something to do with the light failure. I have yet to actually notice visible water in the lenses though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.