Securing pool cover

Oct 9, 2011
has anyone any novel methods of securing a winter pool cover without making permanent fixings.
Here in Spain water tubes and bags are an extortionate price. thanks in anticipation of some inventive replies.

Any kind of container that can be filled with water will work in some way. Don't use cinder blocks as if they get drug into the pool they will cause damage. A bucket won't.

Buckets are usually pretty good. If you try buying 5 gallon buckets at the store you'll probably pay a lot. You may be able to get free buckets if you do some searching. Places like ice cream stores have flavors that come in plastic buckets. I'm sure there are a lot of other places that you can snag free buckets from, you just have to think who would have a surplus.

Thanks, thats given me an idea, people here buy drinking water in 5 and 8 litre litre bottles, which they throw away left, right and centre, they have handles on them, so i can lay them down and fix the elastic straps to the handles. thanks again

We use liquid bleach for chlorine and saved all the bottles in the garage. Right before closing we filled them all with water and used them. Next year we'll toss them and start again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.