Is This Acceptable?

Just curious about this....

Our build began last week, and all of us knew our sewer line would need to be rerouted during the project.

I guess I assumed they'd figure out the exact location of the sewer line while digging out the pool. I was a little surprised, after being out of town for a few days, to come home and see the pool dig was done, with the sewer line running across it, still intact.

I questioned our PB, and was told they're going to gunite the pool with the pipe in it, then, after the gunite's cured, run a new sewer line and cut off the existing sewer pipe running across the bottom of the pool and use hydraulic cement to patch the areas where the pipe came through the wall on one side, and thru the bottom on the other side.

Our pool builder said he's done this before, and that the structural integrity of the pool isn't compromised. We were told that, after plaster, we won't even know where the old sewer pipe used to be.

Is what we're being told accurate? (I'm out of town again, and will be surprised if they're able to steel and gunite around the pipe without breaking it!)

This must be the part of the build process where we just have to trust our PB?

I would have figured they'd have rerouted it before they built the pool but their plan is fine. They are correct that they can seal the pipes up and you'll never know it. They're also correct in that it won't affect the structural integrity of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.