Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Heat Pump Purchase for Texas Hot Tub

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, Tx

New Heat Pump Purchase for Texas Hot Tub

I have a 7 year old Hayward HP2100TCO heat pump that just dumped all the R22 into the pool through the heat exchanger. I called hayward and the warranty for the exchanger was only 5 years. I'm looking to replace the complete unit with a new 140k BTU heat pump. What heat pump would be best? I do not have gas in my neighborhood. I only have electric. In addition I only really use the heatpump to heat my spa, never the pool and live in Austin, TX.

One thing I would like to have in the new unit is an auto defrost so I can use the spa when the ambient air temp is below 50F. I'm thinking about getting the hayward HP21404T unit for $2950. Is this a good decision?
    27k gal, IG Plaster, 2.5 HP Pump, DE 60, HP24001 Heater, Spa, Limestone, Polaris, Was SWG until limestone coping was destroyed after 1 year. Now Rainbow feeder but switching to bleach. Date Built Nov 2004. Austin, TX

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New Heat Pump Purchase for Texas Hot Tub

Check the warranties and get the one with the longest exchanger warranty.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Miami Beach, FL

Re: New Heat Pump Purchase for Texas Hot Tub

Heat Siphon has a lifetime warranty on their titanium heat exchangers.....

I just bought one, hope I chose wisely.....
    32000 gallon, inground, fiberglass, Aqua-Rite SWG, Pentair 420 sqft cartridge filter (Installed-ya baby), Hayward Super II pump 1.5 hp, 144k BTU heat pump, Dolphin Dx5 Plus, and a good test kit from Duraleigh!