Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pump/filter question

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Pump/filter question

    Hi guys, I'm new here and in the pool world

    We just built a 31,000 gallon pool and have troubles finding the right filtering equipment. Basically there are no pool suppliers in my country so everything I read is online and different from different sites. I would really appreciate someone's experience on specific pumps/filtering equipment so that I can order online.

    What are the other supplies I have to get - chemicals, nets..?

    Help me please

    Cheers

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Central NJ
    Posts
    3,192

    Re: Pump/filter question

    It would help if we knew more about your pool and where you are.

    What is your pool made of, what shape, what size pipes you had installed, and extra features such as a spa, lightings, etc... all give insight to helping us to help you determine your needs.

    I strongly urge, if you haven't already, that you read the pool school section.

    Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Pump/filter question

    Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    What is your pool made of, what shape, what size pipes you had installed, and extra features such as a spa, lightings, etc... all give insight to helping us to help you determine your needs.

    I strongly urge, if you haven't already, that you read the pool school section.
    I'll have to read up on this site. I'm mainly looking for information (basic) and places to purchase discount filters and such. I can't even come up with specific questions at this time tbh.
    36k gallon, IG, vinyl liner (2007), partial gunite underlay, grecian shape.
    Hayward Star Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, filtration rate: 2GPM/ft2, flow rate: 68GPM.
    Hayward 1.5HP super pump (2012).
    Southwestern Ohio

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    155

    Re: Pump/filter question

    The most basic and important about pump and filter which you willl read somewhere too is to get the biggest filter and smallest pump that work for your pool. This will save you $ in your utility bills, equipment repairs and maintenant time.

    I've been maintaining my pool for the past 10 yrs and I just only learned so much in the past 2 months about filters and pumps. Thanks to sites like this.
    35k Gallon, 2 In Piping, Aquarite, KK, Spa, Water Fall.

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    155

    Re: Pump/filter question

    Quote Originally Posted by BigChuck
    Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    What is your pool made of, what shape, what size pipes you had installed, and extra features such as a spa, lightings, etc... all give insight to helping us to help you determine your needs.

    I strongly urge, if you haven't already, that you read the pool school section.
    I'll have to read up on this site. I'm mainly looking for information (basic) and places to purchase discount filters and such. I can't even come up with specific questions at this time tbh.
    I've been buying lot of stuff online and if you are in So Cal, A1poolparts or Magnoliapool are best in prices for new equipments. For replacement parts, Poolpartsonline in Florida is excellent in price and service, yes the service is awsome.
    35k Gallon, 2 In Piping, Aquarite, KK, Spa, Water Fall.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    CUTiger78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    460

    Re: Pump/filter question

    Quote Originally Posted by domenica
    Help me please
    I've got a 36,000 gallon inground gunite pool, 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns with a 1 HP Hayward Superpump and a Hayward S244T filter. I'm happy with this combination. Might work for you, too.

    Where to get stuff? Shop around - Google is your friend!

    Good luck!
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Re: Pump/filter question

    Quote Originally Posted by amati5
    I've been buying lot of stuff online and if you are in So Cal, A1poolparts or Magnoliapool are best in prices for new equipments. For replacement parts, Poolpartsonline in Florida is excellent in price and service, yes the service is awsome.
    Thanks for the compliment..at PoolPartsOnLine.comwe sure try

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •