Winter Cover/Leaf Net for a pool with KatchaKid safety net

twitter

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2011
This is our first home with a pool. It's a 18x38 freeform pool with KatchaKid safety net installed. Also have a bubble-type solar cover. I'm in San Francisco area so the pool will not be closed but also not used till March atleast. We left the solar cover on the pool during the summer but can't do it anymore because rain water will collect on top of it. If we remove the cover, there is no protection from falling leaves and other debris. I'm just trying to reduce the pool maintenance chores for the winter. Here are some options:

1. Remove the solar cover and just rely on the automatic pool sweep to do the cleanup.
2. Install a leaf-net on top of Katchakid.
3. Somehow use the solar cover to catch the leaves.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Re: Winter Cover/Leaf Net for a pool with KatchaKid safety n

I'm not sure how rainwater collects on top of the solar cover, unless you haven't cut it to the shape of your pool. If this is the case, and the sides of the solar cover go up over the pool sides, then you could just use a lawn blower and blow the leaves off the solar cover and back into the yard. But that still leaves the problem of the cover catching the rainwater. Our solar cover is cut to the shape of our pool and when it rains, the rainwater goes on into the pool from the top of the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.