Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: easy touch and service mode?

1. Back To Top    #1

easy touch and service mode?

I give up.

how do I run the filter pump in service mode on an easy touch 8 pool/spa combo

If I select service mode, all the valves work including drain and fill but I can't turn on the filter pump.

seems like one of these must be true
    1) it isn't setup right
    2) I can't read
    3) the pentair manual is really lame
    Pool IG 16,000 gallon (33 x 16) Spa IG 700 gallon spa - Dark Plaster, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test
    Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS 3050, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE 150 GPM (rating from manual)
    Pentair Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC40, Polaris 360, Lars Lx400 NatGas heater, Fafco Solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: easy touch and service mode?

In service mode, your pump is essentially disconnected from the EZT. Turn it on using the pump's touch pad.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

When my panel is in "service" or "time out" mode, I flip open the little door on my IntelliFlo pump and can use its buttons to start, stop, reset, and control the pump speed.
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

4. Back To Top    #4

On my suntouch I also have to set the filter pump setting to on under the service menu. Then I can control the pump from its built in control panel. The manual sucks - I had to call tech support to learn this.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks.

Access to the panel on my pump is not very convenient.

The only time I've wanted to have the pump run in service mode is so I could take advantage of the fill/drain valve settings.

If I could do it all from my panel easily then it would be nice.

I'll continue to use my current approach which is leave the system in auto mode, flip toggle switches on the valves to do what I need and then set them back when I'm done draining/filling the spa.

I rarely do this, and only if the spa picks up alot of debris after a storm.

Thanks again.
    Pool IG 16,000 gallon (33 x 16) Spa IG 700 gallon spa - Dark Plaster, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test
    Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS 3050, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE 150 GPM (rating from manual)
    Pentair Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC40, Polaris 360, Lars Lx400 NatGas heater, Fafco Solar panels