Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air pillow valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Air pillow valve?

I have a brand new pool and am new to this closing thing. The air pillow i have says "water" on the only valve on it. I know it needs air, but it looks sealed with a plug. The plug does not appear to be removable. Do I poke a hole in it so I can fill it with my compressor or am I just being stupid and not seeing something obvious?

I'm closing the pool before I get the final inspection done and get the CO. Oh well, at least next year it will be ready to go and the kids will have a full season.

Thanks!
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air pillow valve?

Are you sure that's an "air" pillow and not a bag to fill with water to weight down a cover on a deck?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

The plastic bag it came in says air pillow. It's 4'x15' so it's the correct size. Are they usually the same valves as beach balls, inflatable toys etc?
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it

4. Back To Top    #4

I too have the same question...not sure whether to pinch a hole in the plug or not
    Pool Capacity 18k, Filter Type is sand, Salt/Chlorine-Turbo Cell, Aqua PLUS, Pool is gunite IG, Pump Size is , Flow Rate is ,

5. Back To Top    #5

I pushed in the center and it popped open like a one way valve.