Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool heaters

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool heaters

I am considering installing a heat exchanger pool heater,look like an air con unit. anyone any experiences, tips, i live in Spain.

8 x 4 gunite inground

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool heaters

A heat exchanger that takes heat from the air and puts it in the pool is typically called a heat pump around here. Heat pumps heat very slowly and don't work well when the air temperatures is much below 60 degrees (worse when colder). They can be very good at maintaining a constant water temperature, but are not good at heating up a cold pool quickly. In most places heat pumps are less expensive to operate than gas heaters, but that depends on your electric and gas prices.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool heaters

Thanks, temperatures mid winter here can be around 50 degrees in the middle of the day but get alot of warmer days. i suppose it would extend the swimming season.

8 x 4 gunite inground