Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Finally finished installing my Circupool RJ45 yesterday and let in run all night. I just used 2 Aquacheck salt strips and they are reading that i have 3290 ppm of salt and the Circupool is showing 2900. Are the strips pretty accurate and do i need to adjust the Circupool or use the Circupool reading? If adjusting the Circupool is the option, how do i do it? Thanks

I am using the very top white reading of the salt strip.

Thanks JasonLion. Was wanting to get as close as possible. So does this mean that i should always add about 300ppm more to SWG reading or will it vary from test strip to test strip? What is best way to get a true sample if there is such a thing?

Your testing has shown that the Circupool is accurate enough for now and you don't need to worry about the test strips again for several months at least.

There is no way of saying if the test strips or the Circupool are correct, if either of them are correct, so no point in trying to calibrate the Circupool. The difference in the two methods of measuring will not be completely consistent, though it may be stable on any given day. To get a more precise reading you would need a lab grade tester, and there is really no point in doing that. Measurements that are +-400 are more than precise enough for this purpose.

Thanks again to help clarify. Was reading that it works at optimal salt levels at 3500ppm which is why i was thinking that if it is showing 2900 but i really have lets say 3200 will the SWG still work the same.

The recommendation to aim for a slightly higher salt level is intended for the start of the pool season. Over the course of the season, the salt level will fall, so you want it on the high side to start with, so that by the end of the season it is still in range.

Thanks again Jason. I just went outside to check again and guess i got lucky or it is closer than it was yesterday. Test strip went to a point at the 6.6 marker which on bottle said 3290 and SWG is saying 3200.

Oh and Jason, for all the help that i receive on here i just wanted to say thanks again and i have just become a Platinum donor. You all "ROCK" on here and i have learned a lot to help save on pool supply cost.

ok noob here to the SWG discussions...Installed rj30 two days ago and ran new pump and swg for 24hrs...I see the unit periodically doing check butr nowhere do I get an actual reading on salt PPM...pressing the salinity test button only get me "salt ok" is this because it's a new unit and levels have not reached what they are supposed to be at??...unit set at 70% per instructions.....will be testing with kit tonight but was just wondering about reading on display and how you get the actual measurement.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was wondering the same thing. I have a RJ45 and I've read the manual but can't seem to find how to get it to display the salt reading - only "Salt is Ok". Anyone know how to access the actual salt level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.