Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool Salt Reading

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool Salt Reading

Finally finished installing my Circupool RJ45 yesterday and let in run all night. I just used 2 Aquacheck salt strips and they are reading that i have 3290 ppm of salt and the Circupool is showing 2900. Are the strips pretty accurate and do i need to adjust the Circupool or use the Circupool reading? If adjusting the Circupool is the option, how do i do it? Thanks

I am using the very top white reading of the salt strip.
    27' Radiant Metric, 17,100 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5hp 220v
    Circupool RJ45, Sand Filter, Borates
    Dolphin DX6 Robotic cleaner
    TF 100 Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool Salt Reading

They agree within 10% or so. I wouldn't sweat it.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Both the strips and the meter in the Circupool are +-400, so those two readings agree with each other within the precision of the test.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks JasonLion. Was wanting to get as close as possible. So does this mean that i should always add about 300ppm more to SWG reading or will it vary from test strip to test strip? What is best way to get a true sample if there is such a thing?
    TF 100 Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Your testing has shown that the Circupool is accurate enough for now and you don't need to worry about the test strips again for several months at least.

There is no way of saying if the test strips or the Circupool are correct, if either of them are correct, so no point in trying to calibrate the Circupool. The difference in the two methods of measuring will not be completely consistent, though it may be stable on any given day. To get a more precise reading you would need a lab grade tester, and there is really no point in doing that. Measurements that are +-400 are more than precise enough for this purpose.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks again to help clarify. Was reading that it works at optimal salt levels at 3500ppm which is why i was thinking that if it is showing 2900 but i really have lets say 3200 will the SWG still work the same.
    TF 100 Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

The recommendation to aim for a slightly higher salt level is intended for the start of the pool season. Over the course of the season, the salt level will fall, so you want it on the high side to start with, so that by the end of the season it is still in range.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks again Jason. I just went outside to check again and guess i got lucky or it is closer than it was yesterday. Test strip went to a point at the 6.6 marker which on bottle said 3290 and SWG is saying 3200.
    TF 100 Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh and Jason, for all the help that i receive on here i just wanted to say thanks again and i have just become a Platinum donor. You all "ROCK" on here and i have learned a lot to help save on pool supply cost.
    TF 100 Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

ok noob here to the SWG discussions...Installed rj30 two days ago and ran new pump and swg for 24hrs...I see the unit periodically doing check butr nowhere do I get an actual reading on salt PPM...pressing the salinity test button only get me "salt ok" is this because it's a new unit and levels have not reached what they are supposed to be at??...unit set at 70% per instructions.....will be testing with kit tonight but was just wondering about reading on display and how you get the actual measurement.

11. Back To Top    #11

I was wondering the same thing. I have a RJ45 and I've read the manual but can't seem to find how to get it to display the salt reading - only "Salt is Ok". Anyone know how to access the actual salt level?
    30,000 Gal, IG, Sand Filter, Vinyl, Filter info = Unknown
    Hot Tub 500-600 gallon Master Spas Legend Series (specific model unknown)

12. Back To Top    #12

I think the new software version removes the actual numbers and just gives go/no go condition.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida