What does everyone wear in the pool?

Aug 6, 2011
Virginia Beach
We have the skinny dipping thread below skinny-dipping-t8630.html , but when that's not happening what does everyone wear?

I have several pair of regular swim trunks, but I find the mesh liner VERY uncomfortable. I've cut it out of several pair and often wear a speedo underneath instead (no, I don't have a swimmer's body anymore). If it's just my son/wife & me, I'll often go in just the speedo. There's a stretch of empty beach in my service area at work that I'll wear it while I'm there too if I stop to cool off. My daughters don't have the mind bleach they'd need, although one one particularly stressful day they came home & found me floating around in it. I find it more comfortable & things tend to stay where I leave them. Given the small size of the pool we had the extra drag of trunks wasn't really an issue.

So- What does everyone else wear?

I wear regular loose swim trunks with that meshing you are talking about. I used to wear the speedo underneath, but I don't do that anymore. Just too much of a hassle putting on an extra thing that also needs soaking/rinsing afterwards and I don't mind the netting too much though I know what you mean about it being a bit annoying. Unless the weather is very hot, I'll often take off the trunks just before I get out of the pool so I can dry off without wearing wet trunks (when it's just my wife and I using the pool).

They put that mesh in ladies' swim shorts and I don't like it either. I wear the shorts over a bathing suit while on the deck and take them off when in the pool. I wear an old swimming suit with a t-shirt over it. Swimming with German shepherds can be dangerous and my suits have the holes to prove it. Hence, the t-shirt. My husband just piped up and suggested Teflon armor. He wears long nylon pants and a t-shirt. We both wear straw hats to keep the deer flies off our scalps.

On hot says I always wear thongs, but I take them off before I get in the water. I know some people don't like thongs but I think they are quite comfy.

Yep, thongs. One on each foot.

What did you think I meant?

nutjob said:
On hot says I always wear thongs, but I take them off before I get in the water. I know some people don't like thongs but I think they are quite comfy.

Yep, thongs. One on each foot.

What did you think I meant?

Heh heh! You had me going there for a second.

For what it's worth, I wear a thong. For some reason though, it isn't comfortable at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.