TFP trusted source for pentair products?

jr219

Oct 2, 2011
Any recommendations on where I can purchase the following products online?

Pentair IC20 Cell #520554
Intellitouch Load Center #521213
Intellitouch Personality i9+3 #521221
Intellitouch Control Panel #520138
Intellitouch iS4 #520094
Pentair Variable Speed Pump #011018

Any compatible issues with any of these. Think I got everything sorted out. this will be replacing an Easytouch system which took a lightening strike and is acting very strange.

Feel like I should be able to handle the install myself. Am going to install unions to make the process easier in the future for service.

thanks,

-jr

Buying on line is great for the DIYer. Asking someone like me to install them though is like bringing your own chop meat to McDonald's and asking them to cook it, IMHO.

Why? Support.

Lets suppose a pump motor dies within the warranty period. Who would you call first? Most likely, the installer. If I didn't sell it, I'm charging for the service call. If I have to supply the parts, I am billing for them.

A manufacturer's warranty claims center would call in a 3rd party. They'll show when there isn't much else to do because warranty claims calls don't pay all that much.

A DIYer might get them to sent the parts and do it themselves but they have a life too.

Just stuff to consider.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
Buying on line is great for the DIYer. Asking someone like me to install them though is like bringing your own chop meat to McDonald's and asking them to cook it, IMHO.

Why? Support.

Lets suppose a pump motor dies within the warranty period. Who would you call first? Most likely, the installer. If I didn't sell it, I'm charging for the service call. If I have to supply the parts, I am billing for them.

A manufacturer's warranty claims center would call in a 3rd party. They'll show when there isn't much else to do because warranty claims calls don't pay all that much.

A DIYer might get them to sent the parts and do it themselves but they have a life too.

Just stuff to consider.

Scott

I agree 100% with you. I would be installing this stuff myself.

-jr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.