Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP trusted source for pentair products?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP trusted source for pentair products?

Any recommendations on where I can purchase the following products online?

Pentair IC20 Cell #520554
    Intellitouch Load Center #521213
    Intellitouch Personality i9+3 #521221
    Intellitouch Control Panel #520138
    Intellitouch iS4 #520094
    Pentair Variable Speed Pump #011018

Any compatible issues with any of these. Think I got everything sorted out. this will be replacing an Easytouch system which took a lightening strike and is acting very strange.

Feel like I should be able to handle the install myself. Am going to install unions to make the process easier in the future for service.

thanks,

-jr

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP trusted source for pentair products?

I like poolandspawarehouse.com for pretty much everything. Also, if you become a TFP supporter, you will get a discount there too.

To become a member - click-here-to-become-a-troublefreepool-com-supporter-t183.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    I like poolandspawarehouse.com for pretty much everything. Also, if you become a TFP supporter, you will get a discount there too.

To become a member - click-here-to-become-a-troublefreepool-com-supporter-t183.html

Thanks. I've requested a quote from them.

-jr

4. Back To Top    #4

The guys at poolsupplyunlimited were very helpful. They had the best prices I found online and customer service was excellant.

http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

A1 pool supplies has been my source. Very helpful and communicative.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

6. Back To Top    #6

Buying on line is great for the DIYer. Asking someone like me to install them though is like bringing your own chop meat to McDonald's and asking them to cook it, IMHO.

Why? Support.

Lets suppose a pump motor dies within the warranty period. Who would you call first? Most likely, the installer. If I didn't sell it, I'm charging for the service call. If I have to supply the parts, I am billing for them.

A manufacturer's warranty claims center would call in a 3rd party. They'll show when there isn't much else to do because warranty claims calls don't pay all that much.

A DIYer might get them to sent the parts and do it themselves but they have a life too.

Just stuff to consider.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Buying on line is great for the DIYer. Asking someone like me to install them though is like bringing your own chop meat to McDonald's and asking them to cook it, IMHO.

Why? Support.

Lets suppose a pump motor dies within the warranty period. Who would you call first? Most likely, the installer. If I didn't sell it, I'm charging for the service call. If I have to supply the parts, I am billing for them.

A manufacturer's warranty claims center would call in a 3rd party. They'll show when there isn't much else to do because warranty claims calls don't pay all that much.

A DIYer might get them to sent the parts and do it themselves but they have a life too.

Just stuff to consider.

Scott
    I agree 100% with you. I would be installing this stuff myself.

-jr