Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBQ Grill inserts - Which one is best

1. Back To Top    #1

BBQ Grill inserts - Which one is best

I am trying to determine that best BBQ to put in an outdoor kitchen. I was thinking about a 30-32" unit. I am looking at RCS and Bull products.

Does anyone have an opinion on the best grill (Quality build, lasts in the elements, etc)???

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBQ Grill inserts - Which one is best

My Firemagic has held up very well over the last 5ish years. But they are fairly expensive.

Have you checked out the Pellet Grills?

http://hearthlandproducts.com/products/grills

Very detailed review:

http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=9357.0
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Great, thanks for the input, I will check these out.

What about RCS Grills (Renaissance Cooking Systems)

4. Back To Top    #4

Primo Oval XL

Once you go ceramic/lump, you will never touch a regular grill again!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thadius -

Thanks, I will check these out as I have no clue what the differences are compared to a regular grill.

6. Back To Top    #6

I'd try to find a bbq forum...I bet they get these questions a lot.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

+ 1 on the ceramic grill. Check out Grilldome.com. Lots of pics of how they are integrated into outdoor kitchens. The quality and taste of the food with a ceramic grill/smoker cant be beat. You can even bake bread and do pizza's.

A large Grill dome will go for about 1,000 after you have the accessories you want but it comes with a lifetime warranty. My $500 grill I had before the dome rusted after 2 years. Even my wife is happy I got it although she was hesitant at first.
    3500 gallon 14x42 Intex Ultra Frame
    1/2 HP Intex 1600 sand filter/pump - Intex SWCG
    Two 4x20 Fafco solar panels.
    Taylor K-2006
    Marquis spirit hot tub - Grill Dome ceramic grill/smoker

8. Back To Top    #8

Efish - to get the full word on Primo, check out this forum: primogrillforum.com

Made in USA, if that matters. Here is my baby:

9. Back To Top    #9

I have both a ceramic cooker (big green egg), and a gas grill in my island. My gas grill is a Napoleon grill and I am happy with it, but I tend to use the big green egg more than the gas now that I have both. I have grilled on gas my whole life and was always worried that it would take too long to heat up a charcoal grill and it be too much of a hassle. It really isn't that a big deal though. Having both is nice in case you do just want to fire up the gas and grill some brats, but if I had to choose now I would go with a ceramic cooker. Whether Primo, BGE, BBQ Guys or other brands I don't think it makes much difference to all do the same thing. Let me know if you have any questions on the differences or about my BGE or Napoleon.

Riles
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

10. Back To Top    #10

I would agree on the Primo/BGE both doing a great job. What made my decision was the oval being perfect for spares due to width. My purchase was just prior to the larger XL Egg , but I would still make same decision due to dealers in area and the Made in USA factor. Either product, you will be pleased.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Efish
    I am trying to determine that best BBQ to put in an outdoor kitchen. I was thinking about a 30-32" unit. I am looking at RCS and Bull products.

Does anyone have an opinion on the best grill (Quality build, lasts in the elements, etc)???

Thanks
    We love our Summerset grill. It came with our summer kitchen and seems to be doing great. Look at out thread in the sig bar.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

12. Back To Top    #12

I have a weber that we inserted level with the counter. Lowes priced at $179